DESOLATE (Empathy, #2) by Ker Dukey Release Day Launch: Sarah's Review + Teasers!

Desolate

Desolate cover amazon-2
 I was a son,
A friend,
A brother,
A psychopath.

Eighteen years of being in a psyche ward; I was released into the world. Things have changed, Blake is married to Melody and is a father to my new fixation, Cereus. My beautiful niece who knows nothing of my existence. When consequences of past sins begin playing tricks on me, old cravings demand to be satisfied.

There is no cure for my kind of sickness.

I am void of everything but obsession.
I can’t love,
I can’t feel,
I am Desolate. 



add-to-goodreads-button

Amazon




Eighteen years after Empathy concludes, Desolate picks up.  We get much more of Ryan's story in this book and learn more about his non-feelings for everything in life.  Ryan convinces his psychiatrist he is "cured" of his demons and is well enough to be released from the hospital after almost two decades of living there.  He has one person in mind, his niece, Cereus.

"Souls go to hell and I'm lacking that vital component to make me human. I'm not going to hell. I'm the living hell staring her right in the face."

Blake and Melody are very much in love and Blake is trying his hardest to keep Ryan's release away from Melody's knowing.  She will surely lose her mind when she finds out the man responsible for so much death and destruction in her life is walking amongst the strangers of their city. 

"This is my kid brother. He came into this world lacking a soul and I couldn't save him. I couldn't make him have one and as much as I hate him for what he did, I still love the baby I held and raised when our worthless mother didn't."

Cereus has had no knowledge of Uncle Ryan, surely her friend is not a serial killer.

"Love is a strength. It bonds us."

The thing I love about Ker Dukey's books is that she can write from so many POV's.  As said above, we get much more of Ryan's story which is the whole point, but we also get Melody and Blake.  So much happens in this book and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Ker is amazing at writing dark novels and this is no different.  You must read Empathy before picking up Desolate.

*Sarah's disclaimer:  If you have a weak stomach, can't deal well with any type of sexual abuse or abusive undertones, move along.  This book series is dark, and also a brilliant work of fiction.




To watch the trailer, click HERE!


Desolate HTML Teaser #3



 I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active... I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could of improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.

Ker DukeyMy mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.

When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister. You can find me on Facebook where i love interacting with my readers.



NEW CLP Banner I

No comments

Back to Top