Sarah's 2¢: We Own Tonight by Corinne Michaels

From New York Times Bestseller, Corinne Michaels, comes a sexy new STANDALONE romance novel.

I’m not a one-night stand kind of woman. I’m especially not the woman who has a few drinks at a concert and ends up in bed with my childhood celebrity crush, Eli Walsh.

However, that’s exactly where I find myself.

What’s a girl to do after a drunken mistake? Run. I grab my clothes and get away from the powerful, irresistible, and best-sex-of-my-life superstar as fast as I can. His gorgeous green eyes, rock-hard body, and cocky smile have no place in my world. My life is complicated enough.

Someone forgot to tell him that.

Eli is relentless. Pushing his way into my heart, wearing me down, proving he’s nothing like I assumed, and everything I need. But when my world shatters to pieces, he holds the broken bits together. Unwillingly, I fall desperately in love with him.

He made me think we’d have forever . . . I should’ve listened when he said we could only own tonight.







Where do I even begin? We Own Tonight is the book I didn't know I needed in my life. We've got Eli Walsh, musician and actor, who is instantly drawn to Heather when their eyes connect at his concert. We've all been there, swooning over our favorite boy band singer. It's awesome how Corinne spins it though, because our hero and heroine are older. They meet later in life, and their romance is one for the ages!
"I was on my way to see someone. But it turns out she came to me."

Heather is a Tampa police officer with too much on her plate. She cares for her terminal sister full-time as well as works a thankless job and has no time for romance. Much to her dismay, Eli will stop at nothing to get her back after their one night stand.

"Eli makes me forget just how broken I am."

Eli is a playboy, plain and simple. He doesn't take life too seriously after being burned one too many times, but when he and Heather get together, he can't get her out of his mind and heart. 

"Eli breathes life into a heart that was deflated. A heart that never thought it would beat again is once again thumping at a steady pace."

It's funny that Corinne initially said We Own Tonight is her "fluffy, romantic comedy." Believe me, it's got so many laughs and amazing banter, but there is so much heart thrown into this book, I didn't even expect it. With Heather dealing with her sisters illness, the pages take an emotional turn and you can't help but grieve for Heather. Without her parents to console her, she turns to her best friends (love a good girl squad) and eventually Eli to ease the pain.

"If today could last forever, I'd be happy."

Corinne takes us on a true emotional journey with We Own Tonight. I saw someone say that this book ends on a cliffhanger. That's definitely not the case. We get a beautiful HEA for Eli and Heather. This book is heartfelt and unputdownable.




No comments

Back to Top