Reni's Review ~ The Other Side of Someday by Carey Heywood


The Other Side of Someday
by Carey Heywood

Published: July 2014

When I read it: July 2014

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Series/Stand Alone: Series
                         *The Other Side of Someday
                         * Untitled
Pages: 259

Buy from Amazon: Click HERE!
Buy from B&N: Click HERE!
Add to Goodreads: Click HERE!







Falling in love? Courtney Grayson has been there, done that.

Men, who needs them? Love wasn’t everything she thought it would be. This time around she’s doing things differently. She hasn’t sworn off men for good, just isn’t interested in settling. Trusting someone with her heart again? Someday, but not today.

Falling in love? Sorry, Clay Bradshaw is not the guy for you.

He’s never been in love and he doesn’t see it happening. Hooking up can be fun, but more often than not, women are a distraction he doesn’t need. He’s a busy man, and doesn’t have time to date, let alone fall in love. Will someone ever change that? There’s always a chance, someday.

Life doesn’t always go as planned, and love may find them both on the other side of someday.




We have all had one of those days. The type of day where everything that can do wrong, will. THOSE days suck! Courtney Grayson just lived through one of those days squared...

Get fired from your job…. √
Get a flat tire on the way home from work… √
Rain starts as tire is being changed… √
Have credit card declined while trying to pay for a new tire… √
Find fiancé in bed with another woman… √√

Somehow Courtney survives her day from hell. She is bound and determined to put her life back together and never lose herself in a man ever again. Too bad life has other plans.

“The one thing I’ve learned through all of this is I need to be more self-sufficient.”She heads back toward the bays. I call out after her, “Don’t let one asshole change your ability to trust.”

There was a silver lining around her day from hell. It came in the form of a mechanic, and a free tire. Being the sweet girl that she is, Courtney rides back over to the garage to pay the sweet mechanic back for his kindness.  The last thing she expects to find is his gorgeous, cocky, smart-ass son, Clay Bradshaw, in his place.

I can feel the heat radiating from him and mentally have to stop myself from closing my eyes and inhaling him. I must be losing my mind but I’ve never been more turned on by sweat in my life.

Clay is everything Courtney should steer clear of, and yet, she can’t seem to stay away.

Clay isn’t the only man in her life.  She has another fighting for her affection. A wealthy, well-known, much sought after bachelor named Grant. He is everything Courtney should want, and yet, he’s not Clay…

The Other Side of Someday is a sweet tale – an easy read. I have enjoyed Carey’s writing in the past and was eager to dive into another one of her novels.  I had expected angst and drama, broken hearts and bruised egos.  I got a sprinkling when I wanted a whole heaping handful. The story seemed to wrap up too simply. Everything fell into place with little effort and I was left with questions. Lots of questions. It totally stinks because I can’t even share them with you!  (I’m not a fan of spoilers…)


Overall, The Other Side of Someday was a decent read. It went pretty quickly. I look forward to meeting up with Courtney and Clay again in Luke’s (one of Clay’s friends) book.  There are a lot of open ends that need to be tied up. I hope that Luke’s book provides some of the closure I desperately need. 


No comments

Back to Top