Sarah's 2¢: Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

I hired her to fix my company, to bring Marks Lingerie back to life. I didn’t expect her to become my friend. I didn’t expect to fall in love with her.


The first rule of business is to never touch your employees. I think there is another rule about not falling for your best friend—a rule against imagining the curves of her body, or the way her breathing would change if I pulled down her panties and unzipped my pants.


Now, I can’t wait any longer. I’m tossing out the rules.


Damn the company.
Damn our friendship.
Damn my fears. 

   
     



OFF the CHARTS sexual tension!  Wow.  This was definitely a different avenue in my experience with Alessandra's writing.  Trey Marks and Kate Martin start off as coworkers.  Kate is the Creative Director for Trey's floundering lingerie brand, Marks Lingerie.  Kate comes in with her energy and creative mind and turns things around.  

"He doesn't just reek of trouble.  The damn man is dipped in temptation, the center of it all radiating out of those eyes."

I wasn't expecting such a slow burn for LiL.  Kate and Trey's story spans over YEARS and it's fabulous!  This book isn't long by any means, but their tension, friendship, and banter are so volatile and perfect, it really makes for perfection when the other shoe drops and they both get their heads together.  

"If this woman was lingerie, I'd strip it off and then properly show her who is in charge."

With that being said, I do feel that this story could have been longer.  There could have been a lot more detail in their story throughout the years of their relationship leading up to their HEA.  I did want to read more about Trey and Kate's love and relationship before reading THE END.

"If your love was lingerie, it'd be a corset, one laced so tightly that it takes your breath."

Overall, I really enjoyed Love in Lingerie.  It was super sexy and fun and truly kept me guessing about when they would actually get together!







No comments

Back to Top