VACANT (Empathy, #2.5) by Ker Dukey Release Day Blast: Sarah's Review + Teasers!

vacant release banner
  Vacant Divider book info
Vacant Cover
 Ryan

When two dark souls connect the draw is too dominant to ignore and the obsession of owning the only color to brighten my dark world too unrelenting to not obey. I left her alone so she could live a normal life but I was weak, how can she live a normal life after so much sinister chaos invaded her world, summoning her own darkness to the surface?
The depraved devil that is me now had an anchor, someone to venture into the black abyss with.
Normal wasn’t a path ever set for Cereus.
She was her Father’s daughter but my soul mate, even if I disputed ever owning one.
She was struggling without me in her life, the vacant ache inside her leaking out. I can’t not go to her, the need is too strong and like with all of my urges I embrace it.    






Ker Dukey was the author that really gave me a love for dark reads.  Her amazing words for Ryan in Empathy will always stay with me.  I could never imagine how they were thought up but they were beautifully brilliant.  Desolate was the same in my reaction.  With that being said, I was left wanting a lot more from Vacant

We get both Ryan and Cereus' POV in this novella.  Ryan is convinced that Cereus (his niece) is his soul mate; not in a sexual way, but in mind and spirit.  Two dark souls that were meant to be together, to feed off of each others depravity.  Ryan was believed to be killed in Desolate but he lived through the fire to meet his half brother and his wife.  That's a whole other side to his crazy mind.

“Soul mates are not supposed to tame eachother, they’re meant to set you free to run wild in your nature, to be who you are together.”

Cereus is trying to live through her first year in college.  Her peers don't like her.  She's closed-off and has only one friend, Randal.  Cereus finds herself thinking darker and darker because of her distain for Hannah, the school "mean girl" and finally gets her revenge in the only way she knows how, seducing Hannah's boyfriend.

“I know a monster lives within him but the man who protected me, the man who I spent time with lives inside him also.”

After shit goes down at the college with Hannah's disappearance, Ryan finds himself there and trying to take Cereus away from it all.  They need to be together to live their life with eachother and have no one to tell them what they want is wrong. 

I finished this novella wanting more.  I feel that we could have greatly benefited from a novel from Ker.  More on Cereus' new "friends" and even Blake and Melody since they played a larger part in Desolate.  Ker is still one of my top "one click" authors, her dark imagination knows no bounds.



Vacant Divider teasers
Vacanr T2vacant T1Vacant T3Vacant T5       buy linkspic 4a3a2a1  

Vacant Divider ker dukeyker







I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active… I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could of improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.

My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.

When I’m not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I’m a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister. You can find me on Facebook where i love interacting with my readers.

Vacant Divider stalk ker
Vacant Divider hosted by
JABB

No comments

Back to Top