Sarah's Review: LOVE HURTS (Caged Love, #1) by Mandi Beck

 photo lovehurts_zps5e77d032.jpg


Even when she won’t fight for us, I’ll go to war for her…

Inside the Octagon, I have no fear. I’m at home, in my element, inflicting pain onto men trained to hurt me just as badly. Making them submit, knocking them out, maiming them, because it’s them or me. And I choose them.

Outside the Octagon, my only weakness is a five-foot-two, classy as fuck woman that I’ve loved for most of my life. She’s the one that brings me to my knees, fills my arms, my heart, and one day soon, my bed. She makes me reckless. Volatile. I drink too much and try too hard to fuck my way out of feeling—all because of her.

Frankie De Rosa is my girl, my best friend. I haven’t earned her yet, but I won’t stand by and let anyone take her from me. She will be the greatest fight of my life, but she’s worth the battle.

Love hurts, but anything worth having does, right?

I’m Deacon “The Hitman” Love — Welcome to the Cage.



It hasn't released yet. 
As soon as it does, we'll post some buy links!



This book has been going around my groups and has been catching quite a buzz.  I was really lucky to get an ARC to see what the hype was all about.  Typically, I like to read a series once the last book is published or just about to be.  I hate cliffhangers, but that's just me.  I like to blast through the series in one go and not have to worry about remembering what's happened in the story when the next book comes out.  But, this is Mandi Beck's debut novel, so I was more than happy to give this a go.

“Just because I love her doesn’t mean I’m man enough to not hurt her.”

Love Hurts is a friends to lovers story.  Deacon and Frankie have been best friends for as long as they can remember but he's always wanted more and never had the guts to go for it.  After Frankie endures a life-changing event, Deacon cannot leave her side and needs to show Frankie how much he truly loves her and that he'll never let her go.

“I’ll make sure that you know what it means to be mine, Frankie.  It’s something that I should have showed you long before now.”

Deacon has one of the filthiest mouths I've ever come across.  He's really the perfect alpha, he fights hard and loves harder.  And did I mention he has a filthy mouth?  Whoa. 

Frankie is a beautiful and highly skilled dancer; it's her passion in life.  She's unsure of how to deal with her feelings towards Deacon because diving into a relationship and ending their life-long friendship would ruin her.

I really enjoyed this book.  I'm all for the happily ever after, and was wishing, hoping and praying for it.  I'm not giving anything away but I cannot wait for the second book in this series!  Deacon and Frankie are truly meant for each other and I can't wait to see how their story unfolds.










No comments

Back to Top