WHERE THERE'S SMOKE by Elizabeth Lee is ON SALE (September 12th -17th) + Reni's Review!


Where There's Smoke by Elizabeth Lee will be a KINDLE COUNTDOWN deal from Sept 12-17! Grab it while this great price lasts!



There is something to be said for letting go. Ryland Roberts knows that better than anyone. He'd let go of his ambitions, of his family and—most of all—of her. He'd perfected the art of putting his past behind him and accepted the fact that the town he wanted to leave in his rearview was the place where he was going to live out his days. But sometimes the past doesn't just go away. Sometimes it comes back to haunt you.

Piper Jameson convinced herself that she left for all the right reasons. She'd saved people by leaving—made sure that they weren't tainted by her rebellious ways. When her little sister asks her to come home and say goodbye to their ailing mother, she's forced to see that things aren't always as they seem. The people who she'd left behind might not have been saved at all.

In the amount of time it takes a bullet to travel from point A to point B, Piper and Ryland will have to put their feelings for each other aside and make a choice. Forced on the run with Piper's sister, they begin to understand that the future they thought was gone was never really lost.















I have now read two of Elizabeth Lee’s books, and have enjoyed both immensely. Where There’s Smoke is a fast paced novel that will keep you on your toes. The push and pull between Ryland and Piper is absolutely perfect. The sexual tension and obvious chemistry pops off the pages. This is one you definitely shouldn’t miss.

Piper Jameson (now Ford) left Truitville six years ago. She left thinking that it was best for everyone – her mother, sister (Hadley), and even evil step-father. Most of all, she left to protect the only man she’d ever loved, Ryland. Naturally Ryland thought she left to cover her own ass and has harbored some pretty ill feelings towards her. He took the fall for something he never should have, lost a lot and served some time.

What my sister was telling me was too much to handle. Six years of thinking that he was living the life he was supposed to be living and now I find out he threw it all away, for what? Me?Now Piper’s back…

After receiving word from her sister that their mother was dying, Piper decided it was time to return “home” and face the music. Never in a million years did she think Ryland would still be in town. Something went wrong six years ago. And history has a way of repeating itself…

I could have turned and walked away, but she had to know that no matter where she ran off to she would always be… Mine.

I can’t tell you much, but I can tell you that Piper’s step-dad is the worst sort of human being. He cuts Piper down every chance he gets. Just thinking about the man infuriates me. I’d like to punch him in the face – repeatedly. He is abuse. If you could put a name and face to abuse, it would be that man. Horrid.

Where There’s Smoke is a little dark. It’s gritty and disturbing. Some sections will make you cringe. I wish I could tell you more, but I hate spoilers! I will tell you that I cannot wait for Hadley’s story! Elizabeth Lee is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors.










Born and raised in the middle of a Midwestern cornfield (not literally, that would be weird), I’ve spent my entire life imagining stories. Stories where the right guy always gets the right girl, first kisses are as magical as they are on the big screen and anything is completely possible if you believe.Although this journey began years ago, it recently took on a whole new life. After years of devouring hundreds of Romance, YA and New Adult novels, I had an epiphany... I should write a book. And I did it!

If I’m not reading, writing, enjoying drinks with my amazing group of girlfriends or chasing around a sarcastically funny kid, I’m probably watching television shows that were created for teenagers, while my husband teases that I’m too old to watch them.
Connect with Elizabeth:
Facebook | Twitter | Website


No comments

Back to Top