Reni's Review of WRONG by Jana Aston

Wrong (Wrong, #1)
I have a history of picking the wrong guy. Gay? Player? Momma’s boy? Check, check and check.

Now I can’t stop fantasizing about one of the customers at the coffee shop I work at between classes. It’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s not like I ever see this guy outside of the coffee shop. It’s not like I’m going to see him while attempting to get birth control at the student clinic. While wearing a paper gown. While sitting on an exam table. Because he’s the doctor. Shoot. Me.

But what if, for once, the man I’ve had the dirtiest, most scandalous fantasies about turned out to be everything but wrong?







      

Wrong.
I read the blurb and liked the premise. 

Wrong. 
Is it really THAT bad to crush on your gyno?

When I picked up Wrong and started reading, I thought it was mostly right. The sexual tension, the internal dialogue, Everly… All of it seemed like a giant pile of hell yeah, slapped onto some printed pages. 

And then Luke and Sophie got together and actually had S-E-X. 

Luke went from this mysterious, older, well established and desirable man, to a creep, with a capital C. He’d call her things like ‘dirty bitch’, ‘hussy’, and ‘slut’, while pounding away at her. Did I mention she was virgin before he came along? It always surprises me how these women can take it like a champ. My vagina must be broken, because it didn’t work that way for me. 

Here’s a little sample of Luke’s “dirty talk”:

“I should gag you. I should fuck your ass with you bound and gagged with no way to say no.”


Sir, that right there is what we call r-a-p-e , rape, which also happens to be very WRONG. The fact that Sophie, or any woman, could find that ‘hot’ boggles my brain. If my husband said that to me, it would be the last time he used the summer sausage living between his legs. Just sayin’. 

Then I thought if I could just get past the sex scenes I’d be home free… But Sophie grew annoying and Luke was SO controlling, creeping rather close to a DD/lg relationship. Clearly I am too much of a feminist for this novel. Luke went so far as to tell Sophie that she wasn’t to see someone who shared her blood! Say whaaaa? That’s the kind of thing an abusive boyfriend/husband would do. Not sexy, Dr. Miller. Not. At. All. 

On a much brighter note, I very much enjoyed Jana’s writing style. And Everly, I loved that chick. In fact, her story - within Luke and Sophie’s – hooked me. I want to know what happens with Everly and “her” Professor, so Right is definitely in my future. 

I’m hoping that Luke was just a fluke. 
Some women love men like him, whereas I’d like to remove his testicles with a spoon. 

Opinions are like buttholes, everyone’s got one. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with mine. Maybe you like boarder line inappropriate behavior, or men that are into treating their women like children. Maybe you like girls that go stupid as soon as a penis arrives on the scene. I just couldn’t, in good conscience, enjoy myself. 






No comments

Back to Top