Sarah's Review of THE SUMMER GAMES: SETTLING THE SCORE by R.S. Grey




As an Olympic rookie, Andie Foster has spent far more time in her cleats than between the sheets. For 21 years, her Fridaynights have consisted of blocking shots rather than taking them. But now that she's landed in Rio, she's ready to see for herself if the rumors about the Olympic Village are true:

The athletes are all sex-crazed maniacs... The committee passes out condoms like candy... The games continue long after the medals have been handed out...
As Andie walks the line between rumor and reality, she's forced into the path of Frederick Archibald, a decorated Olympic swimmer and owner of a sexy British accent—too bad he's unavailable in a way that "it's complicated" doesn't even begin to explain.
In other words: off limits.

It doesn't matter that he has abs that could bring peace to the Middle East and a smile that makes even the Queen blush; Andie fully intends on keeping her focus on the soccer field. But the Village is small. Suffocating. Everywhere Andie goes, Freddie happens to be there—shirtless, wet from the pool, and determined to show her a whole new meaning of the phrase "international affairs". 
Amazon | Goodreads

The Summer Games: Settling the Score is the latest novel by R.S. Grey. At the moment, it's a complete standalone, but she will be releasing another book into the series in the next few months. Kinsley and Liam from Scoring Wilder are in the Settling the Score! Kinsley is one of the funniest characters I've ever read!

Andie Foster is the golden girl of US Women's soccer. She's the goalie and it's her first Olympic Games in Rio. She's got her head in the game and her focus is on the gold. Her best friends Kinsley and Becca are by her side every step of the way. When she meets Freddie Archibald however, she can't stay away. As much as she wants to, she needs him in her life. 

"I wanted to taste madness."

Frederick Archibald is Great Britain's best swimmer. He's in Rio to defend his records and grab more gold for his neck. Once he meets Andie, he knows his life is forever going to change. It changes alright, not without the regular big bad that happens and it's kind of a doozie. 

"This smile. This is what unwound me. I’m powerless when it comes to this smile."

If you've read anything by R.S. Grey, you know she brings the funny. Damn, so funny! Settling the Score doesn't shy away from fantastic one-liners and some of the hottest scenes I've ever read. Who knew Olympic athletes had it in them? Well, I guess if you take one look at a male swimmer, you know he's got it going on. This book was unputdownable. With each new page I laughed, cringed, and gasped. It was just that good. I cannot wait for more words by R.S. Grey. She's always a one-click author for me and Settling the Score didn't deter me from that. 




I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website | Goodreads

No comments

Back to Top