Reni's Review of LOST (Captive Heart, #1) by Carrie Aarons



LOST
We knew each other a lifetime ago. And then...

We lost childhoods. We lost opportunities. We lost love.

Fate is giving us another chance. But a chance at what?

Because even though we’ve been brought back to each other under the worst of circumstances…

We are still. So. Damn. Lost.






         

Unlike a lot of people, I’d never heard of Carrie Aarons. *Gasp* When she wrote the blog and asked if we’d like to review Lost, I figured – meh, what the heck. I have nothing scheduled, and it looks half way decent.

Decent…

Can you believe I thought it would just be decent?

This book kept me guessing at every turn and then. Left. Me. Hanging!

Yeah, it’s a cliffy… but a good one. A necessary one.

I can't take it anymore, all of this silence, all of this waiting for the other shoe to drop. It feels like I'm in limbo, walking a tight wire in between the world's largest skyscrapers. Something has to give. 

You see, Tucker gets himself into a mess of trouble while dragging Charlotte along behind him.  He’s made such a mess for himself, that I found it nearly impossible to imagine him getting out of said trouble. And the series of events that lead to the end of this installment of their story? Not at all what I expected. Usually I can feel out a story. Not Lost.

I came away from Lost feeling…lost.

I realize that this review gives little away. That’s the way it should be. That’s the way it needs to be.

Lost is the story of two individuals blindly walking through life, one with an addiction and the other living in perfected isolation. It’s only when they find one another again, that things begin to fall into place. The only problem is that they’ve wrapped themselves so far up in bad deeds that it’s almost impossible to untangle themselves without getting caught.

A definite must read. One-click this sucker today. And don’t let the looming cliffhanger get you down; Found is on its way!




No comments

Back to Top