Sarah's Review of THE FIRE BETWEEN HIGH & LO (The Elements series, #2) by Brittainy C. Cherry

The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements, #2)
There once was a boy, and I loved him.

Logan Francis Silverstone was the complete opposite of me. I danced while he stood still. He was quiet, and I was always running my mouth. He struggled to find a smile while I refused to frown.

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn’t look away.

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows.

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision—a decision that changed us forever.

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too. 










       


The Fire Between High and Lo is the second book in Brittainy C. Cherry's The Elements series. It reads as a complete standalone with no interconnecting characters. You don't need to read The Air He Breathes, but you should because it's amazing.

"I met my best friend at the checkout lane of the grocery store. And my life was never the same again."

The Fire Between High and Lo isn't your typical friends to lovers, young adult/new adult romance. There is laughter, love, anger, angst and heartache. It's everything rolled into one beautifully written, poetic package.

"I didn't love. I hardly liked."

Brittainy C. Cherry is definitely one of my favorite authors. She gets into her element and writes with so much heart, you can't help but fall in love with her words and the characters behind them.

"She kissed me like she meant it, and I kissed her like she meant the world."

Alyssa and Logan met in high school. Alyssa, the smart, well-to-do girl; Logan, the cute bad boy from the bad part of town. After befriending Logan at the grocery store, they were best friends since. With Logan's negative influence, he never quite grew out of his ways and one final blow ends the love and friendship as we know it for him and Alyssa.

"When he felt like crying, the tears always came from my eyes first. When his heart wanted to break, mine shattered."

Will their love and hate being Alyssa and Logan back together?

"Her laughs became my inhales. Her smiles were my heartbeats."

The Fire Between High and Lo is an absolute roller coaster. Poignant and thoughtfully, Brittainy brings out the emotions many of us have felt in our lives. Low points and high, this is a must-read.


No comments

Back to Top