Sarah's Review: CARTEL by Lili St. Germain

The first full length Gypsy Brothers novel from the smash hit author Lili St. Germain.

How much is a life worth?

I grew up in Colombia, the daughter of a wealthy drug lord. I lived a life of extravagance, until one day a drug run went

horribly wrong and everything came crashing down around us.

I was given away. A payment for a debt. The Gypsy Brothers Motorcycle Club became my new owners, and I did everything I
could to survive.

But falling in love with the man who owned me wasn't part of the plan...






Mariana Rodriguez's story is introduced to us in Lili St. Germain's Gypsy Brother's Series beginning with Seven Sons.  If you've read the series, you know how this tale ends. 

"This isn't a fairytale."
"You mean we're not Beauty and the f&*^%ing Beast?"

Mariana lived a good life in Colombia.  Her father was always unlucky with gambling but his addiction came at a price and that was her life or the rest of his family's.  Mariana agrees to leave home and become slave to Il Sangue Cartel, namely Emilio Ross, kingpin.

"Would you buy me, Dornan?"
"Baby, I already did."

Dornan Ross meets Mariana and can't deny his feelings for her.  He wants her in his life and will go to great lengths to keep her with him, including lying to his father about how their relationship will play out.No matter what her past cards dealt her, Mariana cannot deny the pull she has for Dornan.  Pain, suffering, love, all of those emotions are present and they come at a price.

"We were the dirtiest, most forbidden secret of them all.  And I loved it."

This is book one of the Cartel series.  We will know more of Mariana and Dornan's story in the coming months with Kingpin.

I have to admit, reading about Dornan's softer side was hard.  Just knowing the kinds of acts he's capable of and follows through with in the future made me mad at myself for actually rooting for Mariana and Dornan as a couple.  With that said, I'm sure Lili thought about her readers feeling that way while she was writing this book.  I am truly invested in this series and cannot wait to read what happens next.  And I'm thanking my lucky stars for no true curse-you-Lili-St. Germain cliffhanger.  The book ends on a high note.



No comments

Back to Top