♥ Reni's Review: LOVE BITES by Rachel K. Burke ♥

 photo LoveBites_zps668bc560.jpg





What do you do when you fall in love with your best friend’s boyfriend?

That is the question that twenty-six year-old Justine Sterling has been asking herself ever since the day she met David Whitman, her best friend Renee’s boyfriend. Justine is determined to ignore her growing feelings for the irresistibly charming David, until one night, when she finds herself in the bed of the one person she should stay away from.

When Justine and David’s affair ends in heartbreak, Justine is forced to repair the damaged friendship with her best friend. In doing so, she learns that right and wrong decisions aren’t always black and white, and sometimes you have to follow your heart to see where it leads.









Love Bites is different. Lucky for me, and the author, I am a big fan of different.  When I picked up my kindle I had envisioned this epic love story about a woman dumped by the love of her life long enough for him realizes what a douche canoe he’s been and comes crawling back to her on his hands and knees.  What I got was something altogether different. Love Bites is the story of a young woman who’s lost herself. She fell into a man and when he was done with her, she was left stranded in the pit he’d created, unable to crawl out on her own. It’s the story of one woman’s struggle to find herself.

It seemed like everyone around me had someone to spend their lives with, and I was just floating around in a pool of unavailable men, searching to find unattainable love in the last place I should be looking.

If you’re looking for a hot and heavy sex centered story, move along. This isn’t it. In fact, there is little to no sex in the entire shebang. There are, however, several dysfunctional relationships. Justine’s story isn’t just about rebuilding herself after a romantic relationship goes bust; it’s about rebuilding a friendship and career, as well as the hope for a long lasting love.

Love Bites is fresh, something different. I’m pretty picky when it comes to dishing out 4.5/5 star reviews. This baby earned every one of them. I never knew what to expect with the flip of each page. The story made me feel for Justine. I connected with her. Who hasn’t felt lost at one time or another? We all end up losing ourselves to something – whether it’s kids, a husband, boyfriend, or job. And when the thing that has been holding you together becomes the one thing to break you apart, a new, beautiful story is born.

My mom would attempt to cover up my patheticness by telling my nosy relatives that I was “kissing a lot of frogs” when they asked about my dating life.


You can only kiss so many frogs before your parents start to think you’re a lesbian.

Add Love bites to your TBR list. When you’re tired of the same ol’ story, whip it out and give it a try. Rachel K. Burke has a way with words that will keep you coming back for more. This is the second book of hers I’ve read, and I’ll confess that I’ve scoped out her other published works. I will definitely be reading more of her writing in the coming months. 





 photo RachelKBurke_zps1ad3b7ec.jpg
Rachel was born and raised in Boston, MA. She currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.

She graduated from Bridgewater University in 2011 with a B.A. in Communications and Media Studies.

Rachel's work has appeared in Prevention Magazine, Worcester Magazine and Starpulse News Entertainment.

For more information on Rachel and her upcoming fiction, please visit www.rachelkburke.com 

No comments

Back to Top